05 Days/ 04 Nigths
All our programs can be modified according to your requirements, whether regarding the length of your tour, interests or specific activities, flight reservations, optional destinations or tours.
Day 1: Monkey Island
- You will arrive at Puerto Maldonado, the biodiversity capital of Peru. After a reception at the airport, you will take a bus ride to the city center. You will depart from the port and travel down the Madre de Dios River. During the trip you will see caimans, turtles, herons and other species of animals along the riverbanks. When you arrive to the ECOAMAZONIA LODGE, you will have an exquisite welcome drink, after which you will have time to settle in to your bungalows and eat lunch. In the afternoon, with our specialized guide, you will visit Monkey Island, which is only 5 minutes from the Lodge. During your hike through the island you will observe extraordinary scenery and exuberant flora that shelters a tremendous variety of monkeys in their natural habitat, such as the Black Spider
- Monkey, Capuchin Monkey, Tamarins, Squirrel Monkeys, and the South American Coati, as well as a number of bird species. You will complete your visit to Monkey Island by enjoying the sunset, and then returning to the Lodge for dinner.
Day 2: Lost Cocha
- After breakfast you begin your guided adventure through the virgin rainforest on foot to the Lost Cocha. The Lost Cocha is a protected ecosystem sustaining an immense variety of animals such as giant otters, caimans, turtles, Brazilian tapirs "sachavacas", colorful birds, the majestic jaguar, and diverse fish species. This area is a unique part of the Ecoamazonia Reserve, because its immense swamps and marshes still remain fully intact today. Later, you will arrive at our extraordinary Amazon Watch Tower, built at the top of an immense tree (the Shihuahuaco) from which you can appreciate the full and magical beauty of the rainforest. You will also go for a pleasant canoe ride around the lake, after which you will return to the Lodge for lunch. In the afternoon there is another canoe trip down the river to visit a local family living in the rainforest. Finally, you will return to the Lodge for dinner.
Day 3: Gamitana River or Briolo River
- You start the day with breakfast, and then begin another trip through the magical rainforest navigating down the Madre de Dios River to the path that leads to the Gamitana and Briolo rivers. These rivers are born from the innermost virgin forest forming impressive serpentine channels, through which you will travel by canoe while appreciating animals at only an arm's length. You will also have the opportunity to fish and swim in the crystalline waters of the Gamitana River. Finally you will return to the Lodge for dinner.
Day 4: Lake Apu Victor
- You will wake up to the beautiful songs of birds, and after breakfast you
- will begin your hike into the depths of the Amazon rainforest via specially prepared trails and bridges. During the walk you will see the Cave of the Caimans. Continuing on, you will arrive at the majestic Lake Apu Victor – a lake of crystalline waters surrounded by immense swamps and gigantic trees. Later on you will climb to the top of our Amazon Watch Tower, where you can enjoy the panorama of the lake and the multitude of birds and animals – parrots, macaws, toucans, horned screamers, hoatzins, and herons, as well as other animals such as caimans and turtles. If you are lucky the giant otter will make a rare appearance. In the afternoon, you will return to the Lodge for lunch, and then take a canoe trip down the river to visit to a local family living in the rainforest. Finally, you will return to the Lodge for dinner.
DAY 5: Breakfast.
- Transfer to the Puerto Maldonado airport.
The Program Includes
- Transfer from/to the airport
- Accommodation in bungalows
- All meals
- Bilingual guided excursions
The Program Does not Include
- Nacioles and international flights
- Bottled soft drinks or alcoholic
- Airport tax
- Activities not specified in the program
- Staff costs
- Airport taxes in Lima and Iquitos
- Tips at airport and / or personal